Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Saturday night I watched Marley & Me.

Now I pray to the Dog Powers That Be:

Dear Dog Powers That Be:

Please please PLEASE do not let Koda be a Marley.

I promise to love him with every ounce of my being, to treat him with the utmost respect and to never EVER let him know how much his chewing phase is driving me nuts.

I promise I will never again use the phrase "D*** Dog" or hold his past transgressions against him.

I will help him practise each and everyday, 30 Sits and 30 Downs and anything else we learn in Puppy School.

I promise to have a ready supply of chew toys available, with
Wubzie's galore.

I promise to always have treats. To reward for just being there, and for good behavior.

I promise that soon I will let Koda stick his head out the window as I drive, once I am over my fear of him jumping out.

I promise to not cringe when Koda gets wet and then wants to be pet. Ode to Wet Dog will become my favorite smell.

I promise to never stop throwing the ball/frisbee/monkey/wubzie or any other toy he wants me to throw.

I promise to set up Doggy Play Dates, to allow Koda to run around like a crazy dog and be just plain silly with other dogs.

Please Dog Powers That Be...

I want a happy dog, but a dog that will obey commands. I want a dog that will play with my children, and hunt with my husband.

I want a dog that will be gentle yet protective. fierce but loving.

I want a dog that I can laugh at and with. I want a dog to grow up with my children.

I want a dog that understands when I need a pick-me-up or when he needs to just let me be.

I want a dog that will love. Love so openly that the entire family will know it's love.

On second thought, maybe Marley wasn't all that bad. He did all those things, and so much more.

Many thanks with an open heart.

The Fritzfacts Family

1 comment:

Paula Reece said...

Oh, what a sweet post! I cannot make myself watch that movie. After putting our beloved Boston Terrier (Larry) to sleep a year and a half ago, I cannot deal with anything sad about dogs. Keep working with Koda--he'll get it! (I say that as we're dealing with the wrath of Teddy the Terrorist, I mean Terrier.)