We hosted Father's Day at our house last weekend. It was a great time, and the weather was perfect. The kids were running around like chickens with their head cut off, and Koda was loving the attention. It was wonderful.
We grilled, we talked and we played outside.
The highlight of my afternoon...serving these.
Fresh Strawberry Tarts with Raspberries added.
These were so easy to make, and so tasty! I got some rave reviews...thank you Pillsbury!!
All it takes is this:
1 Refrigerated Pie Crust
3/4 Teaspoon sugar (or a little more...)
2 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (or 2 cups with 1/2 cup raspberries added)
1/2 cup Strawberry glaze (I used the entire container, but I made a triple batch)
6 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping, heated (I used regular squeeze chocolate so the kids wouldn't struggle with it, and it worked wonderfully).
1/3 cup whipped topping
Directions are easy as pie (hehehe)
1) Heat oven to 450. Remove pie crust from pouch and place on a flat working surface. Sprinkle sugar over crust and gently press in. Cut 6 rounds about 4 inch in diameter (I did almost 5 inches to create a taller cup, I also used a glass to make the circle and cut around).
2) Spray back of muffin pan with cooking spray. Fit rounds, sugared side up, over the backs of the muffin cups. Pinch about 5 equal pleats around the side of each cup IMPORTANT Prick each cup liberally with a fork. This allows the air to escape.
3) Bake 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes, removed from muffin cups. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4) - In a large bowl mix strawberries (and raspberries if you add them) and glaze. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes,
5) Just before serving, spoon 1 table spoon chocolate topping into each shell. Spoon about 1/3 cup berry mixture into each shell. Top with a spoonful of whipped topping.
This berry desert is light and yummy!
17 hours ago