Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Still going

I broke Jillian Michaels number 1 rule...I got hurt.

Shin splints are painful.

Very.

After a lunch time run to the clinic, I have been banned for 5 days. No shred, no nothing.

I am not impressed.

Saturday morning I woke up with the worst pain running up my legs. It felt like needles. I knew instantly what it was, but didn't want to believe it. I ace wrapped an ice pack to my leg and shredded away.

Yesterday, I could hardly put weight on it without cringing, and screaming inside. I knew I had to make sure nothing else was wrong.

They did x-rays to make sure I didn't have any chips, but the doctor sat down and looked very serious. Give it until Sunday, or be in pain for a long time.

So, I made a choice. I will be sort of shredding...sort of.

Push up, check.

Arm curls, check.

Sit-ups - all of them, check.

All low-impact, but still very important.

So, I am sort of shredding.

No comments: