Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrr

The start of this week has been a rough one. Between the cold temps we are dealing with (-9 right now) and the nasty cold I got at work I am not worth much. Last night I was in bed at 8:30, the earliest in a long time. I couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to even watch CSI Miami.

Sunday we spent the day with family, and rain that quickly turned into ice as the temperature dropped. My nephew had his birthday party on Sunday, and when we walked into the ice arena it was 41. When we left, it was 19, and my truck was a big piece of ice. It was cool to look at, but not to try to get into.

By the time I brought Hunter home, the snow had started. With that snow, we got some wicked wind. Driving through an open farm community was interesting, and fun at the same time. We made it to Hunter's safe and sound, and then I started back. This time it was much easier, I was going almost the speed limit the entire way. It was a much quicker trip that we had expected.

When we got home that night, Boo was ready to crash. Ice skating had taken a lot out of her, I think it might have been the falling down really. lol She hopped in the shower, and we had home made chicken noodle soup that my mother-in-law had given us. I was starting to feel the cold bug, so this was perfect! I will have to make her soup for Hubby though, he likes it better than mine it seems...

By the time Hubby went to work Sunday, it was snowing again. And it was really coming down. Not enough that school would be called off, but enough that the roads were pretty slick. I made Hubby take the cell phone, just in case. When I went to bed that night, the snow was covering my truck and making it way up the side of the garage.

Monday morning I got up, prepared to deal with the bitter cold. I knew it was going to be below zero, but I wasn't prepared for the wind that came along again after the snow moved through. After I got done cleaning off my truck, thanks to the long handled broom that I love so much, my legs were FREEZING. I almost put tights on under my pants, but didn't want to roast in the office later.

So here were are today, still below zero but no where near as much wind. I am still feeling nasty, but hopefully on the mend. I am better today, thank goodness. There is to much to do this week and weekend to be sick. We are getting more snow this week, today is the start. Hopefully it won't mess up my commute to badly.

Stay warm out there! We are trying here.

1 comment:

Melody said...

It is absolutely horrible out! We are getting around 5 inches of snow today so the kids will be getting out of school in about 1/2 an hour.

Good luck staying warm!