Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hunter

Today is the last day of 5th grade for Hunter.

This has been a year of ups and downs, and thankfully mostly ups. He has worked hard and shown improvement in so many things, thank goodness one of them was Math! He can also make amazing cinnamon rolls too!!

I can't believe that he is now a 6th grader. It doesn't seem possible. 8 years ago he was a 3 year old golfing in a hotel pool lobby. He was tiny, and had a cute baby face.

Now he is a pre-teen boy, with all that fun that comes along with it. Gone are the days of Flat Stanley and Captain Underpants. Welcome to Where the Red Fern Grows and Mike Lupica books.

He is almost beyond cartoons, unless certain ones come on. He wants to watch baseball, hockey, NASCAR and football.

No more hugs and kisses before bed (even though it is kind of fun to torture the kid). Now I am lucky to get a hug before he climbs up to his loft bed.

Hunter has grown (literally) into a wonderful young man. I love him more everyday. I can't wait to see what this summer brings for us.

Congrats on another year peanut!! We are so proud of you!!

1 comment:

Melody said...

I hated it when my older son R stopped giving me hugs before bed. I make sure that I give lots of hugs and kisses to the younger boys because I know they will eventually stop wanting them too.

I agree with you, it is fun to torture the older one. Yep, cleaning his room versus his mom hugging him, cleaning the room wins every time. :)