Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy Dance

My sister always makes fun of me because I have a myspace page. With good reason, and one that makes sense to me.

Over the years I have had friends move, out of state and out of the country. I have drifted from friends, and never made the effort to maintain the friendships. Myspace became the way to communicate because up until 2 years ago I didn't even have e-mail outside of work. It was prefect.

Over time I found people, and was found. I even found out things, that I did or didn't do in the past. Things I have thought about over time, and wanted to make right. I have done that on many levels.

I found my best friend from dance class, and we now talk daily and have a closer relationship than ever.

I even now have the two girls I was closest to during my rough time of high school. One just last night, where yes I did a happy dance, maybe squealed a little to B's dismay (Sorry B). These two girls were a huge part of me surviving high school. They kept me sane, and made me look at me. For that I have always been eternally grateful, even if they don't realize it.

And then there is B. Ever have that friend you can tell anything too, without censuring yourself? I have that with Hubby, but never really with anyone else. Back growing up I had this with B. We could talk about anything, even when we drove each other nuts with different opinions. We saw each other through our awkward phase, my tom boy phase and more. Then we drifted apart.

We graduated, grew out of each other and moved on. There have been moments driving down the road where I think "Oh I gotta tell B this...I can't wait to tell about this or that" and...not there. Friday I found him. It was great. Phone conversation and e-mails catching up and filling each other in. Talking about old problems, and seeing where we both made bad choices. It is great to talk to him again.

Now, with that said, I do have to say that the parents who let their 14 year old children have Myspace, and give them free reign, be very leery. There are people out there that pray on young teens, even young adults. Be cautious, keep the computers out of the rooms, and monitor them. Be the parent, not a friend.

No comments: