Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happily giving this week

http://everaftergowns.org

So while stalling for time this afternoon, I found an article about a company that provides young women with the chance to go to prom in a gently used or new formal gown. I remember how much my prom dress cost, along with my sisters, and they can be pricey. There are families out there that have multiple children, college, rent and food to think about and can't afford to buy a dress for their child.
This organization was started by members of the MN Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority, and have touched many lives, including Richfield High School, where my siblings and I spent some time.
If you have an old Prom Dress, Bridesmaids dress or other formal dresses, along with shoes, purses etc they will find them a good home. They have drop locations all across the city, even one blocks from my house.

No comments: