Wednesday, February 10, 2010

An Anniversary

Today is a big day for me. And Hunter, but being a day before he turns 13, he will deny it.

10 years ago today I met Hunter for the first time. Hubby brought me to his birthday party, the day before his birthday to meet this red headed wonder.

It was love at first sight.

Since then, he has grown, aged and matured in ways that I never thought possible.

Hunter has the kindest heart, the strongest spirit and the smartest brain. He loves his families, loves his friends and loves his dog.

He has so many talents, so many that I can't even begin to tell you all of them. He can read like no bodies business, can do fractions in his head and makes the BEST grilled cheese sandwiches.

He can climb a tree like a monkey, shoot a basket from behind the car and do back flips off the swing set (oh my heart).

Hunter can make his sister giggle like no one else can, can make me laugh by saying just one word and is his dad's soon to be best hunting partner ever.

Tomorrow is his 13th birthday. I can't believe he is turning 13.

Thank you Hunter, for making me the mom I am today. For sharing your life, your love and your mind with me everyday.

No comments: