Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Try This - Healthy Selections



Because Melissa from Girlymama likes to make me sweat a bit, this months theme is healthy foods. Darn New Years Resolutions!

I have been hunting for a couple days for the best recipe, and then realized that I had one in my possession the entire time! We haven't made it yet, but it is on my "make soon" list.

Southwestern Taco Pizza!

1/2 Cup Salsa
1/2 Cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped chicken
8 flour tortillas
1/2 cup fat free refried beans
1 cup shredded cheese - Cheddar or Monterey Jack is best

Heat oven to 350 F. Mix together the salsa and sour cream. Save about half the mixture for later, and mix the other half with the bell pepper and chicken.

Place 2 tortillas on an ungreased cookie sheet and spread with the chicken mixture. Spread 2 tortillas with the re fried beans and place on the chicken. Top with remaining salsa mixture, then tortilla and sprinkle with cheese and if you have extra peppers those as well.

Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. You can cut these into 8 pieces in each stack and serve with salsa, sour cream or quac if you like.

Head on over to Girlymama for more Try This recipes!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I am adding this one to my recipe box! We love anything mexican in our house - it's a great way to use up left over grilled chicken or steak! Thanks!

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

i am so making this saturday to use up all the leftover shredded chicken in my fridge!! THANKS!

MollyinMinn said...

This sounds great! I think I will try it tonight!