Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Oh Minnesota...

I seem to have a love-hate relationship with Minnesota.

Over the past three weeks we have had every aspect of winter, every single one.

We had tons of snow.

We had the wind.

We had Freezing rain.

Now...

We have below normal below zero temperatures.

I love Minnesota, but really now.

I am cold the second I step outside my house.

By cold I mean that my nose freezes shut, my eyes water so I look like I am crying and my entire face is covered by a scarf so that each time I breathe my glasses fog up.

I am a picture of Minnesota fabulous right now.

I even wear a snowmobile jacket during the winter.

It is cold, and I am not a huge fan of it BUT

It is Minnesota, in the winter.

It is normal.

So time to stop complaining and time to figure out how many layers I can put on Boo before school.

4 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

I guess I should stop complaining about Pennsylvania now.

An Iowa Mom said...

Well ... since I'm not a big fan of Iowa winters, then I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't care much for Minnesota in the winter either.

As a matter of fact ... I wouldn't even be here in Iowa during these months if it were up to me. However, Big Daddy has this crazy thought that he needs to go to work. And his work is here. What's up with THAT!?

Alison said...

Although it's cold here in Texas (a front is coming through that will push it into the teens tomorrow night), it's not THAT cold. So I need to feel lucky.

Megan said...

My blood is just not thick enough...