Monday, December 07, 2009

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About How We Celebrate Christmas

It is Christmas time, and as an adult I LOVE Christmas. I am borrowing this from Girlymama and Musings of a Housewife because why do they get to have all the fun!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Oh Hot Chocolate and I are best friends.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? All gifts are wrapped in our house. I love watching the kids faces when they pull something open.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Oh Colored, 100%. I went through 9 ads on Black Friday to find a tree on sale that had colored lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. When do you put your decorations up? This depends...if Hunter is with us for Thanksgiving, they go up that weekend. If not, then the next weekend he is with us. I hate even thinking about his missing out on that!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Cookies...is that a dish...

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Christmas at my Aunt's, playing outside after lunch, all the cookies Ma would make for us while we decorated the tree...do I have to pick just one?

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa is real people...whatchutalkinabout

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we got older, my parents would let us but my kids do not unless we are at someones house. But again this depends on Hunter. If he is with us on Christmas Eve he opens all his presents on Christmas Eve, otherwise we wait for him on Christmas Morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I don't, the kids do for the most part. We have a hodge-podge of ornaments that are from me growing up, and the ones that the kids pick out each year. It is a fun tree for them.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! We are getting some this week and I can't wait.

12. Can you ice skate? Sure...or something like that. When I was younger I was on the ice almost everyday. Now I am older and out of shape.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Ever? No. But I got Kris Mutts one year, those were pretty cool. Last year Big Sis got me my scrapbook bag, and that almost brought tears to my eyes!

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family, eating and being lazy for a whole week!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Of course

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Setting out Santa's cookies with Boo (crap...I have no idea where that plate is) and sitting in the dark with the tree lit up.

17. What tops your tree? This year...nothing. We got a new tree and our old topper doesn't work. I am on the hunt!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. I love watching people's faces

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Oh sweet heaven YUM!

20 Favorite Christmas Show? National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Christmas Story (even more so this year) and MAJORLY White Christmas

21. Saddest Christmas Song? Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton (from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas....that's going to bring some funny google searches).

22. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Silent Night/Peace Peace when sung by a Choir, otherwise Songs for a Winters Night by Sarah McLachlan (from the remake of Miracle on 34th Street) or Believe by Josh Groban (from Polar Express)

Let me know if you do this, I want to know about your Christmas too!

4 comments:

Musings of a Housewife said...

"Santa is real people...whatchutalkinabout"

LOL. Love it!

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

HILARIOUS! thanks for playing!!

citymouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
citymouse said...

This is awesome. I'm even borrowing it for my own blog. Thanks a bunch.

http://randomthoughtsofacitymouse.blogspot.com/2009/12/everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know.html