Monday, October 19, 2009

What I Learned This Week

This was a busy week for our family. We had a mini-cation, ortho appointments and a 7 year old out of school all week long. Things were busy, but that left time for more learning experiences.

- If a teacher tells you that he "can't because I have soccer right after school" resist the urge to kick him in teeth and just go talk to the principal. I got a e-mail from said teacher saying he would be available whenever I needed. Take that you...anyway.

- If same said school is giving you issues, not following your child learning plan as required BY LAW the same principal will become your best friend and fast. Meeting with him for 10 minutes will be enough to kick some butts and take some names.

- Being Mama Bear is a REALLY good thing. It gets things done even faster when your ears are plugged and you don't realize your voice is raised when talking to the principal...just saying.

- Having a 7 year old that can't sleep at night makes for a REALLY tired Mama. Both of us are emotional, exhausted and spent (she goes to bed at 8, and it is now 10:15 and she is STILL AWAKE. 7 am will come fast for the poor thing). You know that unless the house is asleep Mama can't sleep!

- I hate waterslides. Well, the adult fast zippy spin you around 900 times in 10 seconds kind at least.

- Boo shares my dislike of waterslides, but went down one and went on the water roller-coaster to see if she changed her mind. Nope.

- Boo is very VERY brave. I couldn't be prouder of her.

- Next time, I plan the vacation.

- The New Moon soundtrack is out. Hang on while I jump up and down with excitment. It is very different from the Twilight soundtrack, but fabulous!!

- I wrote a VERY IMPORTANT post over here, read it and check yourself.

For more What I Learned this Week posts, head on over to Musings of a Housewife.

6 comments:

Megan (mommyesquire) said...

Sorry that Boo is having trouble sleeping. Is it a developmental issue?

I have heard fantastic things about the New Moon soundtrack. I wanted to pick it up at Target over the weekend but forgot... Next time!

The Mommy said...

I'm already worried about sleep issues with my oldest. Sometimes she's so tired, but just can't go to sleep. I'm hoping she outgrows it.

Unknown said...

If I am not sleeping well the whole world ain't happy!

Hope you both get your sleep back on track.

Alison said...

That's great that you brought out your inner Mama Bear and got the school to comply. As a teacher, I just don't understand not wanting to do what's necessary to help a child. Plus, as you said, it's the LAW.

I hope you and Boo sleep better tonight and from now on.

I have an award for you on my site!

jen@odbt said...

Good for you being the strong advocate for your child. I am finding myself having to do that more and more at my kids' school. I hope everyone gets some zzz's tonight. Feel better.

Kristin said...

I dont know how you handled a massive waterslide. I'm way too chicken for that!