Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I_Blog...Do you?



Every year there are tons of Blog Conferences around the country, Blogher, Type-A Mom etc. Every year I say, well maybe next year I can go...maybe if it wasn't so much, maybe if it was closer...

You can't get much closer than Iowa, and you can get much more inexpensive than the cost of I_Blog!

I_Blog is the brain child of Jody, also known as Iowa Geek. She spent many a nights pondering the reasoning behind the lack of midwest blog conferences. While we are chili, snowy and really not the best place to visit 9 out of 12 months, we are still bloggers and still here! We love to learn, and want to be the best bloggers we can.

So, along came I_Blog. A midwest Blog Conference for Midwest Bloggers.

I_Blog is being held November 14-15th at the Incredible Hotel Pattee in Perry Iowa, just a hour northeast of Des Moines. This place is truly amazing. They have a bowling alley, themed rooms and a spa! This is one of the best Boutique Hotels in the country! Plus, double rooms are only $99 and there is a forum on the I_Blog website where you can find a roommate and carpool buddy!

Besides being at an amazing location, I_Blog has an incredible line up of speakers:
- Jody Halsted(Iowa Geek, Have Kid Will Travel and I_Blog Creator)
- Melanie Nelson aka Chilihead (Blogging Basics 101 and co-author of TypePad for Dummies)
- BJ Weber (Ankeny Tax and Accounting - he will talk taxes for bloggers and answer questions)
- Darci (Graphically Designing and Life With My 3 Boybarians)
- Becky Mollenkamp (Creative Services)
- Deb Brown (Debworks.com)
- Jennic Law (Kangaroo Boo)

Oh the sponsors! Creative Memories is a sponsor and every participant will go home with the Creative Memories Storybook Creator software, a $65 value! Plus, HP is providing an incredible prize for one I_Blog attendee, a Photosmart Premium web printer with Touchsmart! This is an amazing printer! It retails for $399!

That is a lot of information, and some pretty great speakers right? So what do you think the cost is? $150? $200?

How about $75 for the entire shabang! $75 to hear 7 speakers, have a cocktail hour with the I_Blog signature drink, the I_Blogini! Plus, breakfast, lunch and the opportunity to meet so many amazing bloggers.

So, Do_You_Blog?

(Full disclosure time: I am not attending I_Blog, as much as I wish I could, new house and all, but I REALLY want you all to go so I can live vicariously through you, so go register!!)

4 comments:

Paula Reece said...

Great post!! I wish you were going too, but feel free to live vicariously through me! I know it's going to be awesome; Jody is working SO HARD on it! Really, people, you do NOT want to miss it!

everydayMOM said...

Sounds like fun! I will be a couple weeks away from baby day, but I wish I could go! It seems like so many really "popular" bloggers live in the south! I need to check out some more midwesterners! We are really the coolest, you know. =]

Marketing Mama said...

If it were in the Twin Cities, I would go in a heart beat. Hope it's a big success! :)

Such The Spot said...

That sounds fabulous!

I've not made it to any blogging conferences...yet. But I hope to. Some day soon!