Thursday, July 16, 2009

Weekend Preview

This weekend I am helping throw a baby shower for one of Hubby's cousins. She is due the first week in September, and it will be such a good time.


She is known to read the blog, so sorry no details right now, but it will be a blast. Her best friend and I are in charge of games, and we have some good ones lined up. The next few days will be filled with wrapping gifts, making more lists and staging one of the games so I don't have to do it last minute. Problem with that last one...I don't have a large enough tray. Crap.

BUT!!

A major highlight of the weekend is a first for Hunter.

For the first time ever, Boo AND HUNTER are spending the weekend at my Dad's. Yes, Hunter has been a part of my life for 9 years, but Dad has never been comfortable taking him. He is now.

They will be picked up tomorrow night for a weekend of parades, gardening and labor. Vick needs a hole dug for her apple tree, and my kids fit the bill for the job. They are giddy with excitement to spend three days with Grandpa and Vick.

AND Sunday, I am attending the MckBrunch hosted by MckMamma from My Charming Kids. Oh man, lets talk about how NERVOUS I am about this. MckMamma is a local blogger, who has 4 GORGEOUS kids, one being the wonderful Stellan that we are all constantly praying for (click the button on the left to read his amazing story).

Now, I have met a few fellow bloggers, but never a bunch at once. I am nervous. I am making cards so people know who I am. I am trying to tame my nerves by telling my self that I am a blogger like they are, but STILL.

So, this weekend will be crazy busy, but so worth it. The kids will have a blast with their Grandpa and I will have a blast at the baby shower and MckBrunch.

Oh man...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh wow! What a weekend!!!! Don't be nervous about the brunch, I'm sure it'll be a blast. And yay for Hunter's first and for the baby shower. :) Fun stuff!