Sunday, April 19, 2009

Your Choice

"I have discovered I always have choices and
sometimes it's only a choice of attitude." Anonymous

There are days where I am just unhappy with the world. I am crabby, don't
feel good or just plain sick of it all. I am a beast just waiting for freak out and tell you how miserable I really am.

Most of the time, the only people that see that are my husband, Big Sis or my Mom. They are both the ones that I can really let it flow, spew my anger and frustration. The rest of the world, nope.

Why?

I work so hard to keep my awful emotions in check. To not show people how my life is sometimes in turmoil, as so many of us have been. Each
morning I wake up and make a choice. I choose to be a better person than
that. I choose to show the world the good things in my life, not the bad.

You have a choice each day.

Along with that choice, you can decide to make your day better. I
once had a co-worker that would walk in each day happy as all get out. No
matter what was thrown at her each and everyday, she was still happy with
life, her job and her family. Nothing could sway her.

It drove me nuts!

I finally asked her what her deal was, and her answer was the best. She told me that no matter what, she chose to make the day a good one. She wouldn't let others bring her down or darken her moments. Plus, it drove
some people just plain crazy.

“A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it
will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” Herm Albright

Once I had this conversation with her, I started to change my attitude. I
no longer let people at work/in life see me in "a funk". I am happy-go-lucky as best I can be each and everyday. Sure, people that have known me for years wonder what I am on, but they like the change, and so do I.

Yes, things get to me. Things just plain piss me off, but life is bigger than that. There are to many things to be thankful for, so many things to rejoice in. This doesn't mean that I don't speak my mind, or say how I feel. But I let things go a great deal faster, most things at least.

Life moves so much smoother when you stop blaming others for the things in your life, and make the changes you need to make improve your moments in this world. When you realize YOU have the power to make your life and the lives of your family better, everything seems so much clearer.

No comments: