Sunday, March 29, 2009

A little randomness

I haven't posted about Boo's reward yet, because I haven't gotten the clearance to use some of the pictures yet. Must have that first! She had a blast, and I can't wait to share it with you.

We are laying low today. I want to get some stuff packed up, pictures and things we don't use this time of year. And, since we are getting snow this week, I figure I am good to do some of it.

One thing that I love about Minnesota weather is that we can get a few inches of snow one day, and it will be 50 the next. Any snow we get this week will be pretty much gone by the weekend, thank goodness.

Right now Boo and I are watching the news coverage from Fargo and Moorhead, where the river is still sitting really high even after it crested. Again, the incoming snow will throw it all for a loop in the next two days. Plus, there was a breach of one of the dykes this morning and a school is now flooded in Fargo.

With the incoming storm, that will affect the entire state, 2 foot waves are expected on the river. This could cause some minimal flooding if the river levels stay about the same. Plus, in the past years floods the water receded faster than it is right now, so there is concern if the Levy's will be able to hold this amount of water for a long period of time. If not, there will be mass flooding.

It makes me glad I don't live on a river.

No comments: