Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Violation

I was all ready to get my Wordless Wednesday post up this morning, but that is not going to happen anymore.

There is a new feeling of violation today. One that I have never felt before, and hope to never feel again.

Someone broke in last night, and now I don't feel 100% safe in my own home. That is a feeling I can't stand.

They kicked/broke in through our door. The deadbolt was completely taken out, the Police have it now (hoping for finger prints, but doubt it. The intruder picked it up and put it on the book shelf.). Our door is ruined, along with the door frame.



I am angry, scared and feeling very vulnerable. It is not a feeling I like, and never want to feel it again.
We are waiting on our maintenance guy to come jerry-rig the door until the new one can come in, it will take a couple days. We have flags put on our accounts, and are watching them like crazy. Hopefully nothing will happen there.
Hubby is mad, and I don't blame him. Not only did I sleep through it all, he wasn't home to take care of it. He wakes up at the drop of a hat, he would have been downstairs in a flash.
Now, to run to the bank, the leasing office and then finally to work. It is going to be a long day.
Can we move now???

6 comments:

Chris said...

This makes my stomach flip upside down!!!!

Katie/The Family Chef said...

Whoa!!! I am so glad that everyone is okay and I hope there isn't unfixable damage on your accounts. It's a scary world out there!!!!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say that could make the vulnerability go away, but I have nothing.

I'm just so sorry that people are so sick and don't care about other people.

Anonymous said...

Oh man ... that sucks! I wish I could say something to make you more comfortable.

Scary that you were THERE and didn't wake up. I wouldn't have either. I'm just glad that you are all safe!

Take care!

Paula Reece said...

So scary!! I'm sorry (and I'm sorry that I've been woefully behind on reading my favorite blogs and am just reading about this TODAY!) Did you notice anything they had taken? That would be so frightening. Were the kids there? I hope the police can figure out some leads! Keep me posted!!!

Kelly said...

OH MY GOD!! I'm so thankful you and the kids are safe! It could have been so much worse.

I understand your feelings of vulnerability, anger and violation. It's the worst!

I hope the police can find the people who did it, so you can at least get some closure.