Monday, January 05, 2009

Oh Man

The house is strangely quiet tonight. Hunter went home yesterday, and it seems so empty. I can't believe how fast the week went, and now I am wishing for so much more time. It never seems like enough.

Throughout the 9 days that Hunter was here, there were many things from both kids that I heard that amazed/shocked me. There are also many things I never thought I would say that came out of my mouth.

From The Mouth of them:

"Mom...that's just how I roll." From the 6 year old...I nearly peed my pants on this one.

"You are comfy to lay on, don't move" form the 11 year old. I don't think he meant it to be mean...

"I miss my teacher...she is my favorite grown up right now. She lets me do almost anything" Lovely

As Hunter opened his DS "It's a MIRACLE! I never thought it would happen!!" this is my favorite quote from the holidays.

From the mouth of Mom:
"Don't throw that at the tree. I don't think Viking Santa likes the football that much" I surprisingly had to say that multiple times.

"No you can't sleep with your DS....because I know you will play it...no you can't snuggle with it."

And the highlight of this week:
"Honey if you want to practice that, you just might kick yourself...in the noggin" and she did. Hubby was teaching Boo how to do that move form Karate Kid (the Crane Kick or Praying Mantis)(honestly, who is saying "Wax on, Wax off" in their heads right now?? I am!).

My kids crack me up. Spending this time with them has been the best time ever, even during the pulling my hair out, screaming into a pillow, MAN ALIVE JUST GO AWAY moments. I can't wait for two weeks when I get one ENTIRE Hunter day all to myself!!

5 comments:

Melody said...

Oh they are so funny. I am glad that Hunter loved his DS. C always wants to sleep with his too.

Today he told me he was sick. I think he just wanted to stay home and play the DS. Sorry...off to school you go. :)

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
World's Greatest Mommy said...

Too funny! I think I said the exact same thing to my daughter about her new pink DS. She said, "I'll try not to play it." That wasn't good enough for me, though :)

Kelly said...

LOL! A real Christmas miracle!

Glad to hear you had such a happy Christmas! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

"That's how I roll" I about died reading it! Cub has PJ's that say that on them...but I don't think she's incorporated it into her vernacular...the baby on the other hand...