Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just thoughts

I hit a brick wall today.

There are so many things that I would LOVE to talk about, but have decided to wait on them.

I have thoughts on the rapid climb in unemployment in my state, but can't seem to put the thoughts together.

I have so much sorrow for the families feeling the recession, especially the ones that feel they have no other option.

I worry about the security of my loved ones jobs, hoping and praying that they are safe.

I wonder what will happen to my job when all these severance packages run out.

There are so many thoughts and worries going through my head. I don't know how to sort them out, or where to begin.

Hubby and I have been so blessed. We both have jobs that are as secure as they could possibly be in this economic climate. When companies are slashing jobs left and right, we have the knowledge that we are going nowhere for the time being.

I can only hope that my friends have that same feeling. We have one friend whose last day was today at his job. While he has known about the lay-off for sometime, almost 6 months, it is still a hard.

No one knows what the future holds, no one knows what will come. I can only pray that when things happen we are prepared.

2 comments:

j said...

Scary times indeed. We are feeling the pinch too. But we are definitely making it thank God!

Kelly said...

I know how you feel...it's pretty scary these days. You feel lucky to have a job, but you also have survivor's guilt for those who weren't so lucky.

I pray every night for our country.