Friday, November 14, 2008

Pay it Forward Friday - The Milkman's Daughter


Time for another edition of Pay It Forward Friday. This week, we have Brooke.

Now I talk about Brooke ALL THE TIME, especially since she is one of the most wonderful people EVER.

Brooke is currently living in Thailand, working to set-up/start/run a preschool. She is doing a wonderful job, and is now working with kids after months of curriculum planning.

Brooke and I met on the first day of school our Junior year. We were in line to get our parking passes, with Kevin in line in front of us. We were fast friends, and even went to our Senior Gala stag together! It was lovely!

Now, with Brooke in Thailand we swap stories and read up on each other with every blog post. I get to live vicariously through her and her travels. She has been so many places, and her stories bring those places to life.

She got to have a Tiger lay in her lap, see Vietnam, Cambodia, Bali and just the other day had a grand time at the Embassy. Brooke has spent the past year (and then some) learning about herself, and adjusting to life in Asia.

She has come full circle, while dealing with so many things from afar. She shares her stories with an open heart, and words that touch the soul. There have been a few times tears have come to my eyes reading about her trials, travels and emotions.

Head on over to The Milkman's Daughter (the title makes me giggle every time!) and tell Brooke hi! She comes home in less than a month, and I. Can't. Wait!

For more Pay it Forward Friday posts, head on over to An Iowa Mom.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

I'm heading there now! Thanks!

Brooke said...

THANK YOU, Kellyn!!!!!!

I wrote this blog entry for your before reading the one that you wrote for me. I'm glad that we can share the love via our blogs!!!

I miss you! I can't wait to see you soon!!!

http://themilkmansdaughter.blogspot.com/2008/11/incomparable-kellyn-fritz.html

xoxoxoxo,

Brooke