Monday, September 29, 2008

One year

I started this post last week.

It has been hard to put the emotions that I am feeling down in writing.

It has been one year since I almost lost my friend.

One year since my work phone rang, and the dreaded words were spoken to me.

One year since I held her as she cried, wondering if life would ever be the same.

One year since she started her road to becoming her own person.

One year since she started to take photos again, and loved doing it.

One year since we found our friendship changed, and worked to make it better than ever.

One year since I realized how much I love this woman, and how important she is to me.

One year since I knew that I could never hug my daughter, sister or mother long enough.

One year

So much can happen

So much can change

1 comment:

Kellan said...

That sounds like a very special friend! And I think she is also very lucky to have you.

Have a good week - Kellan