Thursday, May 29, 2008

mmmm....Sandwiches


FriedOkra is doing a Top Ten list, this time with Sandwiches.

Oh my!

I am so excited about this. I love sandwiches, I could live on them in the hubby would let me. (Plus Hugh Grant is not hard on the eyes at all!)

I have one that I haven't had in a long time, but now must have. It is delicious! It is a light recipe, that I got from a friend long ago.

Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups

1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or salad dressing
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn
10 fat-free flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches in diameter) - wheat is good!!
10 slices deli fully cooked ham
Cilantro sprig, if desired

1. Mix cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and corn.
2. Top each tortilla with 1 slice ham. Spread 2 tablespoons corn mixture over ham. Top with cilantro. Roll up.

Obviously these measurements are for a group of people, but you can make it smaller and do them for one or two.

I love the combination of flavors, and the ease of making. Remember now, I am not much of a cook. I always add garlic to mine, and a little bit of onion. Can never have to many veggies!

Head on over to FriedOkra and check out all the other sandwiches. I have my recipe book waiting!!!

4 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

And CORN? How unusual! I love me some corn! Must try.

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

corn! who'da thunk it?
I have a love affair with roll ups.

Kim said...

Tortillas are great for so many things! This sounds quite tasty and we'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

Jada said...

I made these tortillas on Friday for an open house I had. They were a hit! I didn't add the corn because I wasn't sure if everyone liked or could eat corn. And I halved the recipe since there were only 6 of us. They turned out great! Thanks for the recipe.

~Jada