Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful

It is the day after Thanksgiving. The Turkey Coma's have ended. The left overs are put away until lunch time, the planning of the next month has begun.

On this day after, I have thought of the year that has gone by so quickly. It seems that Christmas was just here, and that we were planning how to spend the New Year. My babies were just turning 5 and 10, and we were only beginning to plan our trip to Las Vegas.

Now, my babies are almost 6 and 11, my New Year will be quiet with just me and Boo home since Hubby has to work. We are planning Christmas again, and striving to make it the best there ever was.

But, as I think of the year, I realize it is full of many firsts. Both good and bad. I have four friends going through things I have never had to deal with before. I am thankful all four are safe or healing, even with more surgeries and hospital stays to come.

Of all the problems that affect our daily lives, these four have taught me the most, and for that I am grateful. You never know when something major will affect your life, and that makes me want to take each day as it comes, and make the most of it. While that isn't always easy, and there are days I want to hide under my pillow, I have worked to make this goal a reality.

I am so thankful for the friends and family that I have, even the tumultuous relationships they can sometimes be. This year I have reconnected with so many people, friends from school, friends from very few years ago that have just drifted away, and my bestest friend from high school. It is definitly a year to give major thanks. For health and happiness.

Yesterday, on Thanksgiving Day we had a new addition join our friends lives. While very early, MJ was born 1 lb, 9 oz and doing very well. It will be a long road, for both mom and baby, but they are here, and everyone is ecstatic. Keep them in your prayers, and we can all use prayers during times of need.

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday, or are still enjoying the wonderful weekend. May the coming weeks bring you even more joy.

1 comment:

suchsimplepleasures said...

my best wishes to the baby and the mommy. how scary. it's amazing though, the miracles of modern medicine...because those major preemies end up just fine, usually!
take care and thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.