Monday, October 29, 2007

A first for us...

Boo woke up this morning with a sore throat. She said she was fine, and wanted to go to school. Ok...I even asked her repeatedly if she wanted to stay home. Nope, and off she went.
Two hours later I get a call at work from the school nurse...I need to go get her. She has a sore throat, headache and body aches. Now what does that tell all the mom's out there? You would be right.
The nurse proceeded to tell me that there have been 3 girls in her class with Strep...all girls in the same class. Fabulous. I got her in for a strep test, and 3 minutes into the 10 minute rapid...she was positive. For the first time ever.
So we are now home tomorrow too, lovely strep. I spent half the day trying to get her to lay down and relax, but no. Tonight she was laughing and giggling like nothing was wrong.
Tomorrow is going to be a looooonnngggg day! I wish I could go to work...not really.

No comments: